Caucus Resources

Resources Documents for Caucuses

Caucus Handbook

Caucus Funding Spreadsheet (updated monthly)

Caucus Funds Tracking Template

Cheque Requisition Form

Trust Account Deposit Form

Caucus Constitution Template

Caucus Transition Best Practices

Caucus Travel Grants Best Practices

Caucus Grant Application Form

Caucus Grant Application – Budget Templates

Caucus Grant Funding Guide

Room Booking Regulations

Room Booking Form

Proof of Insurance for Events

SFU (or an off-campus venue) may require that you provide proof of insurance before booking space for your event. Events hosted by Graduate Caucuses are covered under the GSS insurance policy. To obtain proof of insurance coverage, complete the Insurance Certificate Request Form below and email it to the GSS Administrator:

Event Insurance Request Form

Allow at least two week (10 business days) to process insurance certificate requests.

Planning to Host an On-Campus Event with Alcohol?

A Graduate Caucus event involving alcohol that is held on any of SFU’s campuses requires a special event liquor license (Special Occasion License), if not held in a licensed venue, such as Highland Pub. (Note: The GSS Lounge is not a licensed venue.)

Organizers wishing to serve alcohol at their event should do the following:

  1. Read SFU’s policy on selling, serving, and advertising liquor;
  2. Obtain proof of insurance coverage under the GSS policy (instructions above);
  3. If none of the applicants for the Special Occasion License have a BC Serving It Right certificate, complete the online course to obtain at least one certificate ($35 fee); and
  4. Complete this form to apply for a Special Occasion License from SFU.  Follow the instructions on the form for submission ($25 fee).

Allow at least three weeks for the Special Occasion License approval process.