MEET THE CANDIDATES
DIRECTOR OF INTERNAL RELATIONS:
- Janelle Simon >>> Candidate Profile
- Anna Orlichenko >>> Candidate Profile
- Abbas Nakhlband >>> Candidate Profile
DIRECTOR OF EXTERNAL RELATIONS:
DIRECTOR OF GRADUATE SERVICES:
- Emmanuel Naidoo >>> Candidate Profile
ABOUT THE POSITIONS
All of our positions require the directors to be in regular contact and dialogue with the colleagues, GSS Councillors and graduate students more generally. The positions available are:
Director of External Relations >> Terms of Reference
Advocates on behalf of graduate students with the University and government on non-academic issues, such as tuition, housing, and affordability, in partnership with organizations external to the GSS and the University.
Director of Graduate Services >> Terms of Reference
Stewards the services that the GSS provides to graduate students such as the U-Pass BC Program, Benefit Plan (extended health and dental insurance) and financial aid programs. Also advocates for graduate students regarding services offered by the University.
Director of Internal Relations >> Terms of Reference
Is responsible for effective communication and organizing of our Graduate Council and Annual General Meeting and stewarding the updating and reviewing of the governance documents of the society.
FEATURES OF THESE POSITIONS:
- Open to all current SFU graduate students, including international students
- Stipend is $4600/semesterWork an average of 50 hours per month
- Sit on the Executive Committee and Council
- Be an advocate for rights and interests of grad students
- Help steward the services and projects of the GSS
- Plan events, socials and build community for students
- Term: May 1, 2021 until April 30, 2022
To run in the election, please fill out a nomination form and email it to email@example.com. Deadline for nomination is February 26th at 11:59 pm.
Note that you are required to secure 15 nominations from other graduate students and must include a list with their name, student number and SFU email address. This list can be sent via email, no signatures are required due to COVID safety concerns.
There will be two online information sessions held for people interested in running for one of these positions.
Tuesday February 16th at 12 noon & Monday February 22nd at 4 pm
Please RVSP here for these sessions and you will be sent a link for the video conference.
IMPORTANT ELECTION DATES
- Notice of Elections: Feb 4th
- Nominations Open: Feb 5th at 9 am
- Nomination Information Session: Feb 16th at 12 noon
- Nomination Information Session: Feb 22nd at 4 pm
- Nominations Close: Feb 26th at 11:59 pm
- Candidate Profile Submission Deadline: March 1st at 11:59 pm
- Mandatory Candidate Q&A Session: March 3rd at 12 noon
- Open Campaigning: March 4th at 9 am
- Presenting at GSS Council: March 9th at 4 pm
- Meet the Candidates (Public Event): March 18th at 4 pm
- Close Campaigning: March 26th at 11:59 pm
- Open Online Polling: March 30th at 9 am
- Close Online Polling: April 7th at 11:59 pm
- Announcement of Results: April 9th at 2 pm