The nominations period for the Fall 2020 GSS Director Elections is now open. We are hoping you are willing to join the GSS team. Nominations are open from October 2nd until October 29th at 11:59 pm. Follow the link below to get the nominations form:
ABOUT THE POSITIONS
The positions available are:
Director of Academic Relations >> Terms of Reference
Advocates on behalf of graduate students on academics issues such as supervision, tuition, academic programming, policies and the rights of graduate students at the University.
Director of Access & Equity >> Terms of Reference
Supports GSS efforts to create a social and learning environment that is free of barriers and oppression based on gender, race, ability, class and more.
Director of Finance >> Terms of Reference
Stewards the societies finances, assists in planning the annual budget, participates in the annual audit and monitors annual spending by the Society.
Director of Student Life >> Terms of Reference
Helps promote a sense of community among graduate students by planning regular communication, events, socials and activities in order to connect students to the society and with each other.
Features of these positions:
– Open to all current SFU graduate students, including international students
– Stipend is $4600/semester
– Work an average of 50 hours per month
– Sit on the Executive Committee and Council
– Meet with SFU administrators, such as the AVP Students, VP Finance, and the President
– Term: January 1, 2021 until December 31, 2021
To run in the election, please complete a nomination form and email it to email@example.com. Note that each form requires a proof of enrolment as well as nominations from 15 graduate students including their name, student number, department and SFU email address. The deadline for completed nomination forms is Friday, October 29 at 11:59 pm.
There will be two online information sessions held for people interested in running for one of these positions.
Thursday October 8th at 12 noon
Wednesday October 14th at 5 pm
Please email firstname.lastname@example.org to RVSP for these sessions and you will be sent a link for the video conference.
IMPORTANT ELECTION DATES
- Notice of Elections: Oct 1st at noon
- Nominations Open: Oct 2nd at 9 am
- Nomination Information Session: October 8th at 12 noon
- Nomination Information Session: October 14th at 5 pm
- Nominations Close: October 29th at 11:59 pm
- Candidate Profile Submission Deadline: October 30th at noon
- Mandatory Candidate Q&A Session: Nov 3rd at 12 noon
- Open Campaigning: Nov 4th at 9 am
- Presenting at GSS Council: Nov 10th at 4 pm
- Meet the Candidates (Public Event): Nov 19th at 4 pm
- Close Campaigning: Nov 25th at 11:59 pm
- Open Online Polling: Dec 1st at 9 am
- Close Online Polling: Dec 4th at 11:59 pm
- Announcement of Results: Dec 8th at noon