GSS Timeout Photo Contest
The GSS Timeout Photo Contest begins online starting February 12, 2021. All entries must be received before 4:00 pm on March 12, 2021. By submitting an entry, contestants agree to the terms and conditions of the contest.
Who May Enter:
SFU Graduate Students (currently enrolled and not on leave)
All photos entered must be taken within SFU Burnaby, Surrey, or Vancouver or directly adjacent. There is no limit as to what is in the photo or when the photo is taken. Photos may feature nature, people, events, etc.
How To Enter:
Please submit your photo(s) and signed form to email@example.com via your SFU email account. Please make sure you include your Name, Program, and Preferred Social Media handle account info in the submission email.
Photo entries will be judged based on creativity, quality, originality and overall impact. The winner will be determined on March 26, 2021 from all eligible entries received on or before the contest closing date and time. The selected potential winners will be notified by email.
Themes and Categories:
- SFU Architecture
- The student lives under Covid-19 (*please do not violate social distancing regulations). Ideas (not limited to) under this category:
- Creative online zoom class photo: all students smiling/holding signs/fancy pose, etc.
- In-person class: social distancing practice in the classroom
- Enjoy nature safely
- Work and study from home setup/ most interesting background
- Nature (please include the location)
- Love: Family, friendship, pets, anything you love!
- The Grand Winner will win a $100 online gift card of their choice.
- The top winner of each category will win a $50 online gift card of their choice.
Authorized Use of Photos: *By entering this contest, you agree to the following terms and conditions.
- Copyright remains with the photographer. Participating images will only be published in conjunction with photo contest galleries, contest announcements and contest promotion.
- Signed Model Release Form: For a photo in which a person is recognizable, please secure a signed release form from the subject or, in the case of a minor, the subject’s parent or guardian as early as possible and provide it to the Graduate Student Society at SFU.
– For the model release form, if you can speak to the photo’s subject(s), you may take a picture of them holding the signed form and submit it at the same time as the contest photo.
-The BC government model release form may be found here:
-A Simpler Version of the model release form can be found HERE
- Entrants whose photos depict other people’s work (such as sculptures, statues, paintings, and other copyrightable works) may need to obtain a release from the rights holder and provide it to the Graduate Student Society at SFU upon request. When photographing the work of others, it must be as an object in its environment and not a full-frame close-up of another person’s creation.
- Photos that contain sexually explicit, nude, obscene, and violent or other objectionable or inappropriate content, as determined by the Graduate Student Society at SFU in its sole discretion, are ineligible for all categories of this contest.
*By entering this contest, you agree to the above terms and conditions.
Personal information contained on this form will not be collected for any other purpose other than this photo contest.