The GSS is proud to continue its Family Subsidy program to assist graduate students who have dependents. Graduate students with dependents, in demonstrated financial need, are eligible to apply to receive funding. Please note, subsidy amounts vary due to funding.
*Applications are accepted on a rolling basis throughout the academic year.
To apply, complete the Family Subsidy Application Form. You will submit all documents through this form.
Acceptable External Confirmation documents include: Scholarship Award Letters, TA/RA Contracts, or Paycheque stubs. We cannot accept zero income, you must provide proof of funds.
If you use a CRA Notice of Assessment, it must provide proof of all income/funds. We cannot accept it as a standalone External Confirmation document if it does not provide sufficient proof of your funds.
Notification of results usually occurs within one month of applying. Applications are accepted after the add/drop deadline for each semester and adjudicated on a rolling basis.
Family Subsidy Regulations:
- All first-time applicants will be automatically enrolled in the Quest food exchange program
- Awarded to students with dependent(s) (under age 22). We will also consider families with no dependents but who are taking care of elderly relatives, and those who have children over the age of 22.
- Only one (1) FSA may be granted to an applicant per academic year.
- The maximum number of FSAs granted per family cannot exceed three (3) in total.*
- Secondary applications must show evidence of applications to external sources (e.g. official documentation of denial of subsidy, awards, and government services).
- Non-essential expenses (e.g. flights) will not be considered.
*Families with multiple graduate students will be considered as one family, as such, the maximum limit of three (3) applies per family. No exceptions.
Important to Note: We will contact successful applicants to obtain their banking information in order to complete an Electronic Funds Transfer (EFT).
If you have any questions, email us at firstname.lastname@example.org