Hey Grad Students!
The GSS is holding its 2020 Annual General Meeting on Tuesday, February 11 at 5pm at SFU Burnaby, Maggie Benston Centre, room 2290. This is one of the most important events at the GSS, because members get to decide on major changes to our top governing document, our Bylaws!
The meeting is open to all members in good standing of the Society, i.e., all currently enrolled (not on leave) graduate students at SFU. Doors will open at 4:45pm and a buffet dinner (yay!) will be served. If you plan to attend and have any food allergies or accessibility needs, please contact me at email@example.com.
We are looking to achieve full quorum this year (i.e., at least 100 members), because we will be asking you to vote on the following by-law changes, which are summarized here. Bring your friends and share the Facebook event with them, which can be found here. Then, please RSVP for the AGM and social here.
There will be various Caucus prizes and a themed social “It’s a Heart-Broke Grad Life” at Club Ilia, at 6pm, with free drinks and food.
***Please note that we will be giving free drink tickets to the first 100 people who attend the AGM.***
The full agenda for this meeting may be found below. If you have any questions, comments, or concerns, please email me at firstname.lastname@example.org.
We look forward to seeing you at the AGM!
AGM 2020 Agenda
- Call to Order
- Appointment of Speaker
- Appointment of Secretary
- Declaration of Quorum
- Adoption of the Agenda
- Approval of the February 5, 2019 AGM Minutes
- GSS Annual Report 2018-2019
- Auditor Report
- Question Period
- New Business:
- Receiving the Audited Financial Statements [unapproved draft until received at the AGM] for the 2018‐19 Fiscal Year
- Appointment of the Auditor for the 2019‐20 Fiscal Year
- Receiving and Approving of Regulations Approved by Graduate Council since February 5, 2019 [Policy and Regulation changes may be found here.]
- Bylaw Modifications: Be It Resolved That the AGM approve the proposed Bylaw changes as presented at the February 11, 2020 meeting. [To see the proposed changes, an overview and explanation of all changes is available here].
- Consultation of general membership in anticipation of a referendum to amend our Bylaws
- Post‐AGM social event (6‐8pm, Club Ilia)
Note: A reception will be held after the AGM and will take place from 6‐8pm at Club Ilia (Cornerstone Building, 8902 University High Street).