** In the spirit of inclusivity and to highlight our commitment to reconciliation, the GSS is dedicating $5000 to Black and Indigenous Students/Studies, using funds from the current PDG budget, starting in April 2022**
The GSS is proud to provide a source of funding to graduate students presenting at conferences or engaging in field research. Graduate students taking part in these professional development activities may apply for a grant, valued at up to $499. Grants are distributed by lottery to top-scoring applications coded according to an objective system established by the GSS Grants Allocation Committee.
- Step 1 – Online Application Form
- Step 2 – Email this paper form to email@example.com OR drop it off in person at the GSS Office (MBC 2203)
NOTE: Both steps must be completed for the application to be considered!
Deadlines for the 2022-2023 Academic Year:
September 1, 2022 at 4pm for conference/travel dates between August 1 and November 30, 2022 November 1, 2022 at 4pm for conference/travel dates between October 1, 2022 and January 31, 2023
- January 4, 2023 at 4pm for conference/travel dates between December 1, 2022 and March 31, 2023
- March 1, 2023 at 4pm for conference/travel dates between February 1 and May 31, 2023
- May 1, 2023 at 4pm for conference/travel dates between April 1 and July 31, 2023
- July 3, 2023 at 4pm for conference/travel dates between June 1 and September 30, 2023