The nominations period will open at Tuesday, May 7th at 9:00 am.
To run in the election please fill out the appropriate nomination form and return it to MBC 2205 or email it to email@example.com. The forms are available here:
Forms are also available at the GSS Offices (MBC 2205).
ABOUT THE DIRECTOR POSITIONS
Positions are open to currently enrolled graduate students at SFU. These stipended positions are a great opportunity to develop leadership skills and to pursue initiatives and issues that are important to SFU’s graduate student body. Directors sit on the Executive Committee of the GSS, and in the past, have worked on projects such as: U-Pass negotiations, affordable housing, tuition, graduate orientation, improving graduate student supervision, Graduate Provincial Scholarship advocacy, and exploring sponsorship opportunities.
THE POSITIONS AVAILABLE ARE:
Director of Finance >>> Terms of Reference
Director of University Relations >>> Terms of Reference
* These terms of reference are presently under review and may modified during elected directors period of service.
FEATURES OF THE POSITION:
– Open to all current SFU graduate students, including international students
– Stipend is $4600/semester
– Work an average of 50 hours per month
– Sit on the Executive Committee and Council
– Meet with SFU administrators, such as the AVP Students, VP Finance, and the President
– Term: July 1st, 2019 until December 31st, 2019
KEY ELECTION DATES:
Notice of By-Elections: May 6th
Nominations Open: May 7th at 9 am
Nomination Information Session Burnaby: May 13th from 12:30-2 pm
Nomination Information Session Vancouver: May 14th from 12:30-2 pm
Nomination Information Session Surrey: May 15th from 12:30-2 pm
Nominations Close: May 27th at 9 am
Candidate Profile Submission: May 27 at 1 pm
Mandatory Candidate Q&A Session: May 27 from 1-2pm
Open Campaigning: May 28 at 9 am
Meet the Candidates (Public Event): June 11 from 5:30 pm
Close Campaigning: June 14th at 11:59 pm
Open Online Polling: June 18th at 9 am
Close Online Polling: June 21st at 11:59 pm
Announcement of Results: by June 25th at 12 noon